pages

 photo Mystory_zps48f66a9d.png  photo contact_zpsbb74311d.png  photo believe_zps69ceddd8.png

Jun 23, 2013

Its A{dorm}able part 1:

Going to college for the first time was so scary for me. I swear I was homesick most of the first semester... But one thing that did make everything a little better, was the cozy bright feel of my dorm room. When I was looking for dorm ideas, there weren't a lot of blogs or websites with real solutions to the space problems I was having. I mean c'mon. No dorm room is what it looks like in the Ikea magazine. Sorry to crush your dreams. In reality, you're crammed into a tiny space with cinder block walls and gross carpet with little to no closet space. I put a TON of work into making my dorm feel as cozy and organized as possible. I absolutely love how it turned out and ended up with lots of solutions that i want to share with all you in-coming freshman. Yipee!

Here is an overview of what my room looked like. This is only my half, but my roommates side looked exactly the same:) Yes, we planned it. Yes, she is my best friend. Shout out.

top right: next to door; Top Left: Desk; Bottom right: Bed and window
Bottom right: Hanging closet space; 
Top left: wall by bed/desk shelves; Top right: bottom of hanging closet
Bottom left: wall by bathroom; Bottom right: Top of drawer closet space


Ill be doing more in depth DIY tutorials and organization tips in the upcoming A{dorm}able posts. Its like a little series! "next time on the bachelorette..." 

You said it in a Chris Harrison voice didn't you... me too. No shame. 

Anywho, leave a comment and let me know what you would like to see first! How to store dirty laundry? How to hang all your clothes? How to hang curtains? How to hang pictures? Where to buy decorations? So exciting I know.... But i promise, I've got some good ideas:)

Until next time, 
xx
 photo name_zps6d1dbf8b.png

No comments:

Post a Comment