pages

 photo Mystory_zps48f66a9d.png  photo contact_zpsbb74311d.png  photo believe_zps69ceddd8.png

Jan 15, 2014

My Adventure Day 1:

Howdy everyone!!

If you're following me on Facebook, instagram, twitter, or straight up stalking me in person (haha. its late) then you probably know, and are annoyed with all my posts about going to Nashville! WELL, IM HERE! Woohooo!!!!

Everyone kept asking me to let them know how everything was going and about my experience so i decided I would just turn my thoughts and experiences into blog posts so my loved ones could keep up with what is happening out here in music city.

Today was you average day of flying.

I left Salt Lake around 8:00 this morning (S/O to the Bradleys for letting me crash at their home last night and to Shawn for taking me to the airport this morning. Its always fun getting to see my second family....speaking of family, also S/O to my brother Drew for driving me to Salt Lake late last night.)

After a layover in Denver, sitting in the middle seat on the only row that doesn't recline, and a couple run ins with airline personal about carrying on my guitar (i won/ Anti S/O to them) i finally landed in Nashville!! My mom was waiting for me at the baggage claim which was so nice! Its always a little uneasy being in a new place. For some reason I'm having the best luck and my bag comes to the bag carrousel within the first 10 bags. What a good day.

The rest of the day was spent doing pretty normal touristy things. We checked into the hotel, (which even had ghetto fabulous guitar pillows on the beds) changed our clothes, researched the best restaurants, and picked up a couple things we left behind.

Speaking of restaurants, if you know the Scholl's, you know we like finding the best restaurants in new cities and would be caught dead in a chain restaurant. So for that reason, and because i don't want to post ALL our meals on instagram (#whitegurlprobz) ill be posting our finds here instead. Tonights meal was at "Pucketts Grocery and Restaurant" We started with their fried green beans because why not, and then we both got their BBQ pulled pork sliders. Everything was fantastic. The green beans were surprisingly delightful, and our sliders were amazing. The yeast rolls they are served on are fan-freaking-tastic. Of course, we couldn't resist a nice slice of pie since were in the south and all that. So we shared (were watching our figures) a nice slice of apple pie with ice cream and caramel sauce. Just let that savor for a minute. It was decent. Decently amazing! Would've been better with Blue Bell ice cream i must say.



We stopped by best buy to pick up an HDMI cable so we could connect my laptop to the TV in the hotel to watch "Frozen." I'm a tad bit obsessed. Then found ourselves in Target. We walked in and both asked, what are we here for again? Apparently we just wanted to go wander around target for a bit. Aint no thang.


I made mom watch frozen since she had never seen it and we even had our favorite movie snacks. Like I said, watching our figures.... (Although we did locate the hotels fitness center so we could work it all off tomorrow.... my diet starts tomorrow... OUR diet starts tomorrow. HA!)



And now its 11:30 and we're pooped. What is it about airplanes that sucks the life out of you?? You're just sitting there.. its a mystery I'm still waiting for the answer to. One day i suppose.

I love being here, I love this crazy adventure. I love that my mom is here with me. If we're being completely honest, I'm scared out of my mind. I feel so far out of my comfort zone taking chances like this, but "why not?" as my wise roommate Kayla once said... "Why not go to nashville, why not record an EP?" I love what I'm doing and i feel so so so blessed to be here. I'm so thankful for all my professors to graciously let me go and are allowing me to make up what I'm missing. And I'm so grateful to my family who supports me so much. Thanks for letting mom take the week of and come experience this with me, thanks for loving and supporting me. I couldn't do this without you guys. I love you more than i love chocolate ice cream. (which is a lot)

Until tomorrow,
"Go away Lucy, Okay byeeeeeeeeee"
XX

 photo name_zps6d1dbf8b.png

1 comment: